Monday, January 31, 2011

Summary of January

One month down, only eleven more to go!

What can I tell you about January?

I didn't really have a plan when I started this blog. I quickly realized that no plan was no good. But what to do with Gumby every day for a year? I am not a world traveler, and frankly, even if I was, it is not easy taking a six foot inflatable Gumby around, even one with roller skates. So, I came up with the idea of taking holiday pictures of him on the days he will not be traveling, which will probably be most of them. As I have already noted, I had no idea there were so many unusual holidays, but I am really glad there are because that saves me always trying to come up with a new concept.

While my giant Gumby is in most of the pictures, some times he is not practical. Good thing I have a stash of alternate size Gumbys that can fill in when necessary.

This blog is new, but I have traveled with Gumby and taken pictures of him in different places for several years. I am not above repurposing some of these pictures if the need presents itself. There are two "cheats" this month. Also, all the pictures are original and have not been altered in any way, other than some minor cropping and cleaning up some of the backgrounds. You know this is true because the quality would be better if I was a whiz at PhotoShop.

I am trying to be frugal with this blog. My total expenditures for the month of January is $7.28. Who knew that already owning a cheesehead and having a next door neighbor with a dog that has a fabulous wardrobe would come in handy?

Finally, up until January 31, I was very good about posting every day, although it took a week or two to figure out that this blog's date stamp is on PST, which means that once I discovered this, I had to learn how to change some of the dates and adjust accordingly. Then, on the thirty first, I was sick for a couple of days and I had run out of advance pictures to use, so we had two sick days. And then on February 2, I lost power, which set us back another day.

I wasn't really sure how this blog would work out. I am the sort of person that around January 12, I could have decided this blog was an insane idea, taken it down and put Gumby back into storage. But so far, so good. Working with Gumby every day makes me smile and my husband and the cats have more or less adjusted to this unusual project.

I hope you are enjoying this as much as I am, and as always, please share the Gumby love.

No comments:

Post a Comment