Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy World Thinking Day!


February has been a busy blog month for a number of reasons which will be detailed in my monthly summation. I thought this holiday was just a nice reminder to think globally and I knew I had a light bulb handy. I did not know the Girl Scouts were behind this until I was writing text for this post, or else I would have hit the local troop up for something more fitting. I promise to give them creds when my cookies arrive. In the meantime, here is some info on World Thinking Day:

"Thinking Day was first created in 1926 at the fourth Girl Guide/Girl Scout International Conference held at Girl Scouts of the USA's Camp Edith Macy (now called Edith Macy Conference Center). Conference attendees decided that there should be a special day for Girl Scouts and Girl Guides from around the world to "think" of each other and give thanks and appreciation to their "sister" Girl Scouts. The delegates chose February 22 as the date for Thinking Day because it was the mutual birthday of Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Boy Scout movement, and his wife, Olave, who served as World Chief Guide."


No comments:

Post a Comment