Monday, February 28, 2011

Summary of February

Two months down, only ten more to go!

What can I tell you about February?

There have been some dramatic changes. I think my husband is starting to feel the Gumby love. He went so far as to suggest Gumby on a cheesehead for Superbowl Sunday, which is something I would have never thought of. He also ate all the gumdrops that were reserved for Gumdrop day, but at least I was able to reclaim the box. And to top it off, he also took his own Gumby/Oscar picture.




There have been some new additions to the Gumby collection. My husband also found the Gumby BBQ lighter. How it was misplaced, I have no idea, as it is rather large, but he has been reunited with the rest of the Gumby fold.

Ardent followers may have noticed this blog has been sporatic in February. That is because Gumby’s One and Two were leaking too much, but I am now the proud owner of Gumby Three, which hopefully will have a long and happy life. The vendors for Gumby Three were kind enough to supply me with bonus Gumby material: a Christmas ornament and an Art Clokey (creator of Gumby) DVD.

As usual, some things did not go as planned. I failed in my attempt to make a stove pipe hat for Lincoln’s birthday, although I now know that Gumby’s head is 18” wide. My husband’s office is moving, so there were several large boxes in the studio, aka: the living room, which made shooting tough for a week or two.

The dramatic changes in Egypt prompted a spontaneous photo shoot.

Expenditures for February were high. Gumby Three was $150 and other related expenses came to $22.57.

Several people have asked me if this blog was inspired by “Julie and Julia”. While I have seen that movie several times, it was not on my mind when I decided to do this.

Hang on to your hats for March, and share the Gumby love.

No comments:

Post a Comment