Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!


Today is the birthday of Dr. Seuss, legal name, Theodore Seuss Geisel. Gumby and I grew up near Dr. Seuss's hometown of Springfield, MA. I loved his books when I was a kid, although my parents, in particular my father HATED them, especially "Fox In Socks". I was at a loss for what do for for this day, as I had already used my Grinch for "Do a Grouch a Favor Day" (see Feb. 16), but then I remembered I had a "Green Eggs and Ham" tshirt. Another crisis resolved! And since I had nothing green to wear for St. Patrick's Day, this tshirt did double duty. In honor of Dr. Seuss, Random House and the National Education Association (NEA) sponsors "Read Across America Day" as a day to read to a child. http://www.seussville.com/special/read.html

No comments:

Post a Comment